Oh christ, it's been a dragon's age since I've hit the blog. I know, I know, I'm lazy, etc. Well, truth be told, I've been balls deep in horror just stuff. My band has just finished writing and recording 2 songs for horror movie soundtracks. The first is for a film from a Jersey company. It's called "Only Go There at Night: Darkness Rising" and I couldn't be more excited to have music on the soundtrack (apparently, they are using 2 other songs off of our last record as well). In addition, we will have a song on a TROMA flick!!! Yeah!!!! It's a Low Budget Pictures/Troma release called "Teenape vs. the Nazi Zombie Army" or something along those lines. We wrote the title credits track. Either way, It's been bitchin' to work with some of these folks. We're very excited. And speaking on behalf of a lifelong horror geek, I'm pretty giddy at the notion of having a song on a Troma movie....
But I digress. Fear not, I will be hitting the blogs a little harder coming up, being that I'm gonna be hitting prime horror season. The unfortunate thing about 2009 is that I've already seen my favorite film of the year in Martyrs, but I just saw "Inglorious Basterds" on Sunday which will surely make the top 10, not to mention, Drag Me to Hell, Splintered, Last House on the Left (remake), and some others have made me quite happy. Oh, and Friday, I will see the WORST film of the year in Halloween 2. Promptly after which, I will spray salty soapwater into my eyes for putting myself through that. Ah, life...
Anyway, fall fastly approaches and I will be doing a couple of lists coming soon (Including best drunken, halloween party flicks) PLUS I will be visiting Cinema Wasteland in October, so I'm sure I'll have some stories to share. I mean, porn legend Jamie Gillis and star of "Maniac", one of my top 3 favorite films, Caroline Munro will be there. I'm pumped. To tide you over, here's a short list of things that let me know my favorite time is coming:
1. I get in the mood to watch Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, and Return of the Living Dead.
2. My son begins talks of costume choices (we're down to Draco Malfoy, and Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba)
3. I listen to Danzig a lot.
4. Smoking a cigarette, drinking a coffee and watching my breath fade with the sun.
5. My wife and I begin taking out our fucked up decorations that insure we will NOT have trick or treaters, and start drinking a lot more alcohol...than usual.
6. Fake Blood!!!
7. Cinema Wasteland
8. Another shitty Saw sequel that I will complain about and which will lead to a tyraid.
9. I will choose a costume that NO ONE will get (Last year it was Joe the Plumber. Not the douchenozzle from the election, but the guy from The Beyond. You know, the dude that gets his eyes ripped out.)
10. Tru Blood. That's a new one, but it's a current obsession.
The point is, I am getting ready for the fall, for Halloween, and for fun. See you all soon!